Sunday, February 25, 2007

Vietnamese New Year

The New Year thing was so great. V and I got lots of swag. This is what I got:
a piggy bank (it's the year of the pig)
2 water bottles
lucky money envelopes
3 calenders
2 bouncy balls
a plastic snake
a fan
a deck of old maid cards
soap
a first aid kit
a key chain/bottle opener
2 chap sticks
2 balloons
a balloon hat :)
a light up ball
a bracelet
note cards
notepads
post-its
sunglasses
and 12 umbrellas
Plus lots of chocolate! ^^
My mom came home today, too. She's been in Minnesota because my grandma died (cancer). I was sad, but I had only meet her a few times because she and the rest of my mom's family live out in Minnesota/Wisconsin. She's actually my stepgrandma, but my mom's mom died when my mom was 19 (also cancer), so I never knew her. Anyway, Mom got almost all of the family photos, which I'm completely psyched about, plus a copy of their genealogy book. And while my dad was cleaning he found a picture of my great-great granddad, plus his old passports. In one of them he almost looks like Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale. It's kind of weird, think my dad was once kind of good looking. :\

No comments: